Our client is the Asset Management arm of one of Europe’s largest Insurance groups, operating on an international scale and managing investments of over EUR 150 billion on behalf of the group. They invest across the capital structure and have an established infrastructure franchise that is well respected in the market. Due to a strong increase in capital allocation from the group they intend to expand the infra team and seek additional senior investment professionals for new direct equity investments.
The infrastructure team invests primarily in Europe with a broad sector mandate. As a deal captain for equity transactions you take full ownership for all stages of the acquisition cycle from origination to execution and hand-over to the portfolio management team.
- Proactive role in identifying and sourcing new European investment opportunities (direct levered/unlevered equity transactions) and prioritize the deal pipeline jointly with the transaction team.
- Develop deal negotiation strategies customized to specific transactions.
- Set-up and manage the deal-team consisting of members of the infrastructure team, group functions and external advisors.
- Lead due diligence workstreams and deal documentation.
- Build the investment’s business case including scenario and sensitivity analysis based on financial models.
- Drafting of investment committee papers as part of the approval process.
- Deal-related interaction with the representatives of the group’s investing entities.
- Interaction with select third-party representatives as co-investors
- At least 8 years of experience either from another asset manager, investment bank or corporate.
- Demonstratable track record of leading equity infrastructure transactions is a must have.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: transport, social infrastructure, utilities, telecoms.
- Strong technical capabilities (financial modeling, SPA / SHA negotiations etc.).
- Project finance experience beneficial
- Hands-on get-it-done mentality (willingness to do activities up and down the chain)
- Ability to communicate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Fluency in German and English is mandatory, other European language skills are a plus
CVs to email@example.com