Our client is the Asset Management arm of one of Europe’s largest Insurance groups, operating on an international scale and managing investments of over EUR 120 billion on behalf of the group. They invest across the capital structure, serving private and institutional investors, with a focus across Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure projects.
We are partnered with the Infrastructure practice on this particular search.
Responsible for the portfolio management of investments within European Infrastructure portfolio, driving value creation and enhancement initiatives:
- Supervision of existing investments in the Infrastructure Investments department (equity and debt)
- Providing commercial, legal and technical support for existing investments within energy, transportation and social infrastructure
- Providing optimisation of the risk/return profile of existing investments
- Management of relationships and deepening contact with sponsors, consultants and co-investors, across both majority and minority positions
- Monitoring each asset from a commercial standpoint, communicating complex developments in a concise and digestible manner to the management board and other relevant parties
- Taking the perspective of financial investors and being able to efficiently control and monitor the O&M providers tied to the assets
- Drive value creation/enhancement initiatives and opportunities to increase profitability across the portfolio
- Monitoring technical performance of transactions and being able to manage all counter parties on the maintenance side
- Manage the production of regular portfolio and project level reports highlighting financial performance, risks and technical issues
- Ensure portfolio level risks and issues are managed, mitigated and reported
- Control and analyse performance of operating assets against approved budgets and P&L
- Implement robust processes to meet demanding operational objectives and continually identifies and actions improvement opportunities.
- Operating with a high level of autonomy with the management of assets and related workstreams
- c. 7+ years’ experience either from another asset manager, investment bank, industrial company, project developer or consulting firm
- Significant experience within a portfolio management related remit, with a track record managing assets across renewable energy/transportation/social infrastructure sectors would be beneficial
- Ability to handle complex risk and modelling issues
- Well established knowledge of essential regulatory and legal frameworks related to the infrastructure/energy sectors
- Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and local authorities at senior level
- Good network across the relevant sponsor, consultant, fund community
- Being adept in advising where efficiencies can be found and implemented to improve cost/performance
- Fluency in the German language is mandatory, other European language skills beneficial
- Self-organized teams & an agile work environment
- Flexible working time models & the possibility of working on the move
- Digital at home – leasing of hardware for private use (e.g. laptops, tablets, telephones)
- Mobility offers – discounted use of local transport, e.g. B. at the locations in Hanover, Cologne & Hilden
- Opportunities for further training, e.g. B. Technical and method training
- Different health offers at many of our locations, e.g. B. Fitness room, company sports
- Company pension schemes and capital formation benefits
If you feel you satisfy the above criteria, please send your resume to Jack Atkins.
CVs to email@example.com