We are representing a pan-European growth capital fund with a strong track record of investing across the Energy Transition and Communications Infrastructure sectors (including water, waste, renewable energy and data centres). From their London base the team have invested across core European markets and manage assets, with ~ €1bn equity invested to date. The GP is due to announce a first close on their newest fund vehicle towards the end of this year.
This is a new position to manage the financials, hedging, audit, tax compliance, transactions and cash flow requirements; we need someone who is excited by this challenge and happy to get involved with the detail as well as leading the team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting background, be able to design, implement and manage a small finance team, and understand the challenges presented by investing in direct infrastructure across Europe. This individual will work closely with the investment team, operations and third-party services providers for tax, legal and regulatory support.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly financial statements and NAV calc under IFRS, Lux GAAP and other local requirements as well as management accounting statements for fund managers.
- Lead cashflow planning and maintain balance sheets: including calculation of working capital, capital injections needed to support infrastructure companies, distributions, repatriation of income through the holding companies’ structure and managing capital calls from investors.
- Provision financial information to internal and external clients, applicable regulatory reporting (SCSp LUX), quarterly board presentations and investor reporting.
- Own all aspects of fund operations and finance by recommending and implementing best practices, documenting procedures, and managing audit, risk, and compliance reviews.
- Work closely with the investment team to negotiate, structure and close transactions along with providing support on any marketing requests, fundraising, or other ad hoc projects.
- Appoint and oversee dedicated third-party administrators, auditors, banks and lenders to manage all internal and regulatory reporting and interest/debt service payments.
- Oversee the setup and management of operating budgets for all investment vehicles to optimize costs
- Manage the hedging strategy by reviewing the FX, interest exposure, collateral and settlements, recommending changes as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Significant direct experience and a successful track record managing the accounting and operations focused on direct infrastructure or real estate funds and investments in Europe
- Motivated, self-starter with strong analytical skills, and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly while prioritizing to meet deadlines in a highly demanding environment
- Experience structuring private real estate funds across Europe and managing external legal and tax providers on company setup, tax structuring, VAT and other matters
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence others with excellent communication skills and a willingness to be an active team player
- Experience with data analytics
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- ACCA or similar accounting qualification with experience of Lux GAAP/IFRS
CVs to email@example.com